Returns & Exchanges:
- Adornments must have been purchased in store at a Atelier or online at www.madeby-a.com.
- Refunds are not available unless the piece is faulty. If you wish to return your item but do not require an exchange item you will be issues with a store credit.
- Unfortunately no exchanges or refunds are available on jewellery pieces (Unless faulty);
- Purchased whilst on sale
- That are discontinued items
- That have been worn
- Bought as a custom pieces
- Are piercing piece
- Returns for exchange or store credit must be made within 30 days of in-store purchase or 30 days from delivery on online orders.
- Earrings and other piercing pieces are unable to be exchanged for hygiene reasons, so please select your jewellery carefully.
- Exchange for change of mind via post requires items to be mailed via tracked postage, with a prepaid postbag for the exchanged item to be posted back in. If your exchange is a result of a faulty item postage costs are paid for by a.
- The above process is also required if you have changed your mind about the sizing of your received piece. Return for resizing incurs a fee of $40 for silver and $60 for gold.
- If an item is faulty we would love to repair or replace it for you, if this can’t be done we will refund or issue a store credit of the purchase price.
Ode Welded Chain T&C's
Your Ode Welded Chain comes with a 30-day warranty from the date of appointment. If you have issues or wish to make adjustments within this timeframe please contact us at email@example.com
In the instance of a break outside of this timeframe, any damage caused by wear & tear or if you remove your bracelet for any reason or wish to have it adjusted a $30 aftercare fee is incurred & a reattachment appointment must be made via the website.
You may add additional adornments (pearl or rosa bead) to your Ode Welded Chain. A $30 reattachment fee is incurred plus the cost of the adornment. Please book a reattachment appointment via the website for this service.
Your booking allows a 30min window for you to have your Ode Welded Chain attached. If you wish to add on any extra adornments please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please be mindful that our Ode Welded Chains are delicate & need to be treated appropriately.
All orders sent via mail will use tracked postage and can be tracked via the Australia Post or DHL
Please note we do not offer same day dispatch.
General dispatch times vary from 3-5 business days for ready-to-ship items however some items can take longer - please see individual timeframes in product descriptions.
If you order a made-to-order item with other products your order will be held until all items are ready to ship.
- All orders being returned or exchanged should also be sent using tracked mail.
- Unfortunately Items sent back and lost in the mail as a result of standard non tracked mail will be at the sender's expense.
- Local posted orders will arrive in the timeframe as per Australia Post’s standard delivery times, according to the method you have selected at the check out. ie, express or standard shipping. PLEASE NOTE DUE TO SUBSTANTIAL DELAYS & AUSPOST SUSPENSIONS, DELIVERY TIMEFRAMES ARE LONGER. IF THE ORDER IS URGENT PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO CHECK ESTIMATED DISPATCH AND DELIVERY TIMES PRIOR TO ORDERING.
International posted orders will be dispatched via either International Express via Aust Post or via DHL Express (this is the quickest & safest option). International shipping option will be available via the website and vary in price.
- You may track your Australia Post orders here: https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search
- You may track your International DHL Express orders here: https://www.dhl.com/au-en/home/tracking.html
- In the event that you have not received your order in the timeframe please email a. at https://www.madeby-a.com/pages/contact
Custom fees & Clearance:
All of our sales may incur Duty, Taxes and other charges depending on the Import regulations of your country.
As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to. Payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. We are unable to advise the amount this may be as order values vary and destination country rules and regulations vary.
In order to ensure the earliest possible delivery of your order, please pay these charges in a timely manner if requested by the postage handler.
Custom orders are hand made and are as unique as you are. So please be mindful of the following:
- We want you to be in love with your custom piece and will ask you to approve and confirm the design in writing via email or instagram.
- Please be aware that due to the individual nature of each piece there may be slight variance.
- Deposits on custom orders over $500 are 50% of the final invoice price. Any works up to the value of $500 will require full payment prior to starting.
- Work on your custom piece will not begin until your deposit payment has been received.
- Please note each piece is individually designed and hand made which takes time. We advise custom wait times in writing prior to payment. Generally we advise anywhere from 6-10 weeks. If you timeframe is tight please email email@example.com to discuss a timeframe.
- A huge amount of design and planning, wax carving and fitting, amongst other elements go into your custom a. piece before it’s sent to be cast- because of this if you decide not to go ahead with your piece your deposit cannot not be refunded.
- If you would like customisation work done to an existing piece the same process as a new custom piece will apply.
- If you have changed your mind about the sizing of your custom piece, return for resizing incurs a fee of $40 for silver and $60 for gold.
- Adornments can be fragile so please show them love and care. Some of the characteristics to be aware of that are not products faults are the following;
- Each piece is made with the highest quality materials, solid 9ct gold and sterling sliver but remember metals are malleable and can bend.
- Please note occasionally solid gold can react to people's skin where the metal goes through the piercing. This is not noticeable when wearing the earrings and is a normal reaction not a product fault. Solid gold will not tarnish on other parts of the jewellery and is able to be worn all day & everyday.
- Please avoid wearing your Made by a adornments in the following: chlorinated pools, heated pools & spa baths. The chemicals can cause oxidation, this discolouration is not a product fault. Any returns for cleaning for this reason will incur a small fee.
- Necklace chains are designed as dainty pieces and therefore cannot withstand tugging or pulling, beware of your pups paws!
- Pearls and other set precious stones are just that, precious. So please avoid dropping onto hard surfaces, wearing them while sleeping or during intensive cleaning or other labour/exercise.
Sometimes manufacturing faults do occur, if this happens please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a repair or replacement will be arranged for you as quickly as possible.
- Manufacturing faults don’t include: snapped chains; chipped, cracked or broken pearls and gemstones, and wear and tear such as bending, twisting or snapping, chain colour not matching adornment.
Your engraving must be added to the text box provided - otherwise, your item will not be engraved. We cannot accept engraving via DM or email.
Please check the individual adornment description for the maximum length of engraving per side.
- Each piece of a. Jewellery is unique and will have its own character. So although they are the same item style they may show tiny differences.
- The beauty of non-farmed pearls is in their individuality no two are the same. You may notice this in your jewellery pieces as one pearl in your earring pair may be bigger or rounder or more textured than the other. Each pearl is hand placed by a. And is part of the design.
Our terms & conditions are in accordance with consumer law and aim to help this small business run smoothly whilst helping our beautiful customers find the perfect a. piece.